Medical Counselling Committe (MCC) has declared the NEET seat allotment result for round two on September 12, 2016. The counselling of NEET 2016 second round had began from September 9, 2016. Earlier, the seat allotment result for round one has been declared on August 28, 2016. This must be noted that as many as 1886 MBBS and BDS seats were vacant after first counselling round of NEET 2016 due to non-joining and resignation.
As per the official notice the registration for NEET 2016 Counselling started from August 22, 2016. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the official cutoff of NEET 2016 Counselling for 15% seats of All India Quota.
NEET 2016 Seat Allotment – Cutoff of NEET Counselling
Below is the cutoff of NEET 2016 Counselling for 15% All India Quota seats
|Category||Marks range||No. of candidates|
|Others – PH||466-214||430|
|OBC – PH||213-210||10|
|SC – PH||209-130||75|
|ST – PH||213-118||23|
NEET 2016 Seat Allotment Details are as follows:
- There will be a mock round followed by three rounds of NEET 2016 Seat Allotment.
- The Seat Allotment for NEET 2016 will be based on the NEET 2016Rank List and the choices filled in by the candidates.
- Candidates must log in using their user name and password to check their seat allotment and proceed with the admission formalities.
NEET 2016 Seat Allotment Result Round 2: Will be announced in September 12, 2016. There is no fresh choice filling in this round. The procedure for this round is the same as the first round of seat allotment where candidates have to log in and download their seat allotment letter which is provisional until confirmation of their admission.
- If a seat is allotted in this round, the seat allotted in the first round will stand cancelled.
- Candidates must obtain the online generated relieving letter from college allotted in Round-1
- Candidates will have to report to the allotted college in this round thereafter along with the documents specified and the relieving letter as mentioned above
- Candidates must confirm their admission by completing the specified formalities.
- Upgradation in the same college will also be allowed but will come under fresh admission. Such an upgradation will be allowed only in case of change of category from reserved to general
- The upgradation and willingness guidelines will remain the same for this round
Who is eligible for the NEET 2016 2nd Round of allotment? Candidates will be divided into three groups as given below
- Group–I: Registered candidates who did not get any seat allotment in the 1st round.
- Group-II: Registered candidates, whose allotment was cancelled on account of change of Category from reserved to Unreserved or PH status from Yes to No or from PH -1 to PH-2, subject to eligibility in changed category. Candidates whose documents have not matched the requirements of the reserved category during the document verification fall in this group
- Group–III: Candidates who have reported at allotted institute during 1st round of allotment and submitted willingness for second round up-gradation as Yes.
Who is not eligible for NEET 2016 Seat Allotment Round 2? The following candidates will not be eligible for the seat allotment.
- Candidates who have not reported at Allotted Institute during reporting period of allotment in the first round
- Candidates who have reported & Withdrawn (Resigned) from the NEET 2016 Counsellingat the allotted institute.
- Candidates who have become ineligible due to change of category.
- Candidates who have not opted for up-gradation during the second round.