In pursuance of MHRD’s directions and subsequent decision of the JEE Apex Board on JEE Main and JEE Advanced held on 25.08.2012, the JEE Main Examination, 2013 (hitherto known as AIEEE – Paper I) for admissions to B.E./B.Tech courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be held during April, 2013.
The JEE Main (Paper I of earlier AIEEE) for B.E./B.Tech will be held in two modes, viz offline and online (CBT). The offline examination for JEE Main will be held on 7th April, 2013 and the online examinations will be held thereafter in April, 2013.
1. Introduction and Scheme of Examination
It has been decided to hold a Joint Entrance Examination from the year 2013 for admission to the undergraduate programmes in Engineering in two parts, JEE-MAIN and JEE-ADVANCED. Only the top 150000 candidates (including all categories) based on performance in JEE MAIN will qualify to appear in the JEE ADVANCED examination. Admissions to IITs will be based only on category-wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE ADVANCED, subject to condition that such candidates are in the top 20 percentile categories. Admission to NITs will be based on 40 % weightage for performance in Class XII board marks (normalized) and the remainder 60 % weightage would be given to performance in JEE Main and a combined All India Rank (AIR) would be decided accordingly. The policy could also be adopted by other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) and participating Institutions.
In case any State opts to admit students in the engineering Colleges affiliated to state Universities where States require separate merit list to be provided based on relative weightages adopted by the states, then the merit list shall be prepared with such relative weightages as may be indicated by States. The examination will be conducted in the Regional Languages of the State(s) on the requests of such State(s).
2. Eligibility Criteria and List of Qualifying Examinations for JEE(Main) Exam 2013
The minimum academic qualification for appearing in JEE(MAIN) 2013 is that the candidate must have passed in final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination (see below). Those appearing in 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination in 2013 may also appear in JEE(MAIN) 2013 provisionally.
However, admission criteria in the concerned institution/university will be followed as prescribed by concerned university/institution and as per the guidelines & criteria prescribed by AICTE.
The candidates who are seeking admission in NITs, IIITs or CFTIs must ensure their eligibility for the admission in NITs, IIITs and CFTIs..
The candidates who are aspirants only for IITs and ISM Dhanbad must ensure their eligibility for admission in IITs and ISM Dhanbad.
The candidates who are aspirants for NITs, IIITs, CFTIs , IITs and ISM Dhanbad must ensure their eligibility for admission in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, IITs and ISM Dhanbad.
Qualifying Examinations –
LIST OF QUALIFYING EXAMINATIONS
i) The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi
ii) Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
iii) Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
iv) Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
v) H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
vi) A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
vii) 3 or 4-year diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
3. Improvement of Marks/Results
If a candidate wants to improve his performance in Board’s Exam, he/she can do so but for consideration of that year’s result he/she has to appear in all the subjects and not the partial.
4. Pattern of Examination
Subject combination for each paper and type of questions in each paper are given in the table below:
|SUBJECTS||TYPE OF QUESTIONS||Duration|
|Paper 1||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Objective type questions with equal weightage to||3 Hours|
|Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics|
|Paper 2||Mathematics – Part I||Objective type questions||3 Hours|
|Aptitude Test – Part II &||Objective type questions|
|Drawing Test – Part III||questions to test Drawing Aptitude|
Requirement of papers for different courses is given in the table below:
|B.ARCH/B. PLANNING||Paper –2|
Scoring and Negative Marking
There will be objective type questions with four options having single correct answer. For each incorrect response, one fourth (1/4) of the total marks allotted to the question would be deducted. No deduction from the total score will, however, be made if no response is indicated for an item in the answer sheet.
6. Admissions Criteria including Normalization and Weightage for
JEE(Main) Exam 2013
Admission to NITs, and IIITs, will be based on 40 % weightage for performance in Class XII board or other qualifying examinations marks (normalized) and the remainder 60 % weightage would be given to performance in JEE (Main) and a combined All India Rank (AIR) would be decided accordingly. The policy could also be adopted by other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) and participating Institutions.
7. No of attempts in JEE(Main) Exam
The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE(Main) shall be limited to 03 (three) uniformly for all the candidates in consecutive years. The candidates passed +2 exam in 2011 or 2012 or appearing in +2 in 2013 are only eligible to appear in JEE(Main)-2013. Candidates passed
+2 in 2010 or before or appearing in 2014 are not eligible to appear in JEE(Main)-2013.
8. Date of Examinations for JEE(Main) Exam 2013
Offline Exam – 7th April 2013
Online Exam – Between 8th April to 30th April 2013(the exact dates will be announced soon)
9. JEE(Advanced) related
Only the top 150000 candidates (including all categories) based on performance in JEE MAIN will qualify to appear in the JEE ADVANCED examination. Admissions to IITs will be based only on category-wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE ADVANCED, subject to condition that such candidates are in the top 20 percentile categories of their respective class xii board or other qualifying examination. The percentile will vary from year to year and across the Boards.